Friday, September 2, 2011

The first date;

It was a peaceful evening on that day. The weather wasn’t very hot and it was nice to be at home. (You don’t get such good weather very often especially in Malaysia). And when I am at home, I will face the computer more than I face people; mum and dad especially. Not that I am a totally bad son, it’s just that I tend to stay in my room a lot *smiles*.



You must be wondering what much is there to do facing the computer the whole day? Well there isn’t very much to do honestly. I admit I live a boring life. I guess facebook would be partially my online best friend! I am with it at any possible ways. Without my online bestie, I’m totally lost…*gulps*. Just kidding.



I would spend time chatting or rather not but on that particular day, I was actually chatting with Darlie via msn. Ever since the frequent texts and morning calls we exchange over and over again; flooding the sms inbox with just his name and was forced to delete all posts, it became very addictive I would say. A good one, definitely never a bad one.



I just felt so comfortable talking to him and I guess that I have fallen for him unintentionally? Too fast you may think but my feelings did not have any doubts towards him. I trust my feelings as it has somehow never failed me at the accuracy rate of 95%? Perhaps it’s a typical Cancer-ian thing. It’s a mystery that will never have an answer; humans are the most complicated creature in the universe.



At one point of the conversation, Darlie asked me out for dinner. Excited, I was and instantly agreed without any hesitations. He said he will take me out for dinner at this restaurant that he has always been curious about that restaurant’s concept which is located in the city centre of K.L.



Rendez-Vous D’amour, Vendredi 9p.m.



Darlie was free on that day. The whole day to be in fact as was as busy as a bee. Woke up early in the morning to run some errands with his mum and other stuffs. If it was me, I’d definitely run out of energy. I am an old man already you see. He said he would come and get me at 7p.m. but was a little late due to still completing his other tasks. Knowing that he should be extremely exhausted and it was getting pretty late, I asked if he would like to change it to another day instead. I did not have the heart to see him being so tired after a long day and still had to bring me out for dinner.





“Nooo! Cannot… I’ve waited for this day until very ‘sanfu’ (torturous)”, he replied.



Hmm~ Adds another point to the suspicion *giggles*.



Since he is so keen for this date, I did not want to disappoint him by turning him down. It was the first time for him to come to my place and directly fetch me. When he was almost arriving, I was already waiting by the road for him.





“Don’t worry, you’re arriving soon. You’ll see a crazy guy standing in the middle of the road and that’s me”, I told him on the phone.



Hopped into his car and we went to the destination. I thought things were going to be awkward and stuff as communications through the net and being in real life is totally two different things. But we talked. And talked. And talked. Though there were the silence moment, there was still no awkwardness, that’s so he claims *smirks*.



The dinner was definitely a huge disappointment. Don’t be mistaken at this point. It was not Darlie who was being a bad date or vice versa. The restaurant was. It was rather small and the food served was quite not up to standard as from what I have read from food reviews. The price was definitely not worth being paid for such bad portioning. Darlie was totally unhappy about it. He was grumbling about everything in the restaurant. Everything. I was okay with the place except the food. Yes, I am very particular when it comes to food. Environment wise, I am still able to accept.



Well, definitely we didn’t let the bad food get the best out of us. In the end we ended up with a spontaneous plan of watching a movie. It was pretty close to midnight already. I know that it would be a little difficult for me as I have a curfew to be back home before 1am or I will receive countless calls from my mum but I decided to take the risk to spend time with him.



Guess what? The movie was quite a disappointment as well. What a day…



Oh! I missed out another part. We exchanged gifts. I gave him a box of homemade chocolate chip cookies with 4 types of nuts; macadamia, pecan, cashew and almonds. It was 2 days before my korea trip and I knew I would not be able to spend Valentine’s Day with him and decides to give him an early V-day gift. In return, I received a Chinese New Year gift. He was supposed to mail it to me but I sort of not gave my home address. But oh well, I prefer to received it by hand from him. It’s a much better feeling hehe.



I reached home safely and said our goodbyes in the car.





“Okay lah, reach already. Bye bye and good night”, he said and gave a pat on my shoulder.



Well, I gave him a hug back in return for that pat. Generous much of me? *LOL*. Just kidding. But it was a pretty embarrassing one I would say. I couldn’t reach him properly as there was a big gap in between us and he was still having his seat belt on. My head could only reach his chest and he patted my face. Oh dear! But it’s okay, I get to lay my head on his chest and it felt so warm. Corny me.



I had a huge smile and hopefully mum did not notice or was being suspicious about my smile. I opened my gift and was totally touched. He made me a homemade card as well. And c’mon, how many people these days would make a handmade card for you? Prove me wrong if I am.



To conclude, it was definitely a very good date for me. I really did enjoyed it and Thank you, Darlie, for all your efforts! I know that you were super tired after the whole day and stop denying that you weren’t!



xoxo,



-Latte-



No comments:

Post a Comment