Friday, September 2, 2011

The first suspicion;

I don’t know but somehow I would just admit that I read people’s face quite well. I am not boasting. During the first meet up with Darlie, I noticed that he was staring at me quite often despite it wasn’t me who was talking. Wouldn’t it be strange when someone else is talking and the eyes isn’t locked to that person but me instead? So I was feeling a little awkward at first but just returned a smile. Then later, I saw it in his eyes; it wasn’t something normal nor freaky. But there was something that those eyes were trying to tell me.


Later, on one random evening, I received a call. It was from Darlie. I was never a phone person. I do not call nor receive calls unless it was an emergency. So I was pretty curious why would Darlie call me up randomly when we barely even knew each other that well. But I answered it anyway.



“Hello. Yes, anything?”, I asked.



I guess that somehow freaked him out by me being the cold beast. But anyway, I was more freaked out myself as when he replied saying that he just finished class and was in the bus going home. Even more curious of why is he calling me still. As we talked about random stuff, I find that it is not so bad after all getting a call from a friend once in awhile.



***



On one bright and sunny morning, I received a text from Darlie.



“Bonjour mon Beau, ….”, - the text.



I was stunned immediately. I did not need my 30minutes process of waking up as I was instantly awake when I saw that message. Literally in French, that sentence would only be used to a lover/couple. After much thoughts into it, I realized that in direct translation it means, ‘Good morning, handsome!’ or in Cantonese, ‘zhou san, leng zhai!’.



***



The text flow increased day by day without me noticing. Receiving morning call texts everyday without fail I would say. But of course, sometimes I would be the one sending those morning call texts instead.



Ooh la la!



It is the start of something new…?



xoxo…



-Latte-


No comments:

Post a Comment